Step-by-step guide to the homebuying process :
- Select properties and ask to organise viewing
- Visit selected properties and choose a home to buy
- Have the house inspected and ask for energy performance rating
- Make an offer. Present it to the seller and reach agreement on the price.
- Sign a promise deed – Compromis de vente
- Make a down payment of 5-10% of the sale price
- Consider your financial options, ask for mortgage
- Wait for the notary to check the transaction cleanliness
- Pay a 100 % of the amount
- Sign a sale deed and get the keys to your new home
- Get legal documents, registered in the French Land Registry, from the notary
- Register utilities and insurance policies of your new home in your name
The DPE is a real estate diagnosis that is mandatory for all properties for sale. The seller must be able to provide it before signing a purchase agreement - Compromis de vente. The DPE makes it possible to know the energy consumption and CO2 emissions of the property and includes the following data:
- Floor area (Loi Carrez) — for apartments.
- Technical diagnoses (lead, asbestos, termites, etc.).
- Electrical and gas installations.
- Heat loss, insulation performance, renewable energy production systems, if any.
- Risk of seismic movement or other natural disaster.
- Septic tank installation – for houses.
56 bis, av de la Lanterne
06200 Nice, France
+33 4 93 29 84 25
9:00 – 18:00
Nice, France (GMT +2)